June 1983, Coleco announces the Coleco Adam, at the Summer CES.
The Adam is a Z80-based computer with 80-column SmartWriter daisy wheel
printer (it is also the power supply), two game controllers. Compatibility
with ColecoVision games, for US$600.
The back of the Adam
- Z80 CPU with 80k of RAM.(64KB user RAM)
- 16KB video RAM
- comes with 32k ROM.
- 3 sound channels.
- 16 color graphics.
- Built in wordprocessor (SmartWRITER).
- 4 MC6801 microprocessors controlling operation of peripherals.
- A keyboard with 75 keys.
- 3 internal slots.
- Tape-cartridge device. Each tape holds 256 kbytes (for a total of
512 kbytes) of data and tape operations are high speed.
- A bus expansion.
- And the "AdamNET" high speed LAN for connecting the keyboard, daisy
wheel printer, and disk drives.
- Made in Amsterdam, NY, U.S.A.
- Model; 2410CPU
- Sn; A5158946